Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Junior Ring Ceremony

This morning I was in Costco picking up cakes and cookies for the Junior Ring Ceremony and this nice old women walked up to me, looked at my cakes and said "Are celebrating the junior class today?"

"Yes, it is our Junior Ring Ceremony where the girls receive their class rings."

I reached out my hand so she could see the ring I proudly wear to school every day. 

"Oh! You are a Mercy Girl!"

"I am, are you?"

With a big smile the women said "Mercy High School class of '59. But my high school is in Pennsylvania. I still have my ring from my junior year too"

Our Mercy community is everywhere. Even in Costco Mercy Girls, generations apart can bond. Pretty cool. This made me feel especially proud to be a member today. 

2 comments:

  1. Such a great post, Claire. As you know, I am a "Mercy girl" too, class of 1955, Pittsburgh. I wonder it that's where the woman you met went to school. I still have my class ring as well.

    ReplyDelete