Sunday, February 5, 2017

15 Years

High School Us.
I didn't have much time to fully comprehend my mother's anniversary yesterday because I was busy with work on a Saturday. It has been 15 long and short years since my mother's passing. As I drove to school yesterday, I held back tears, but I also has a few realizations. I have known my life for an equal amount of time with and without my mom. It is scary for me to think that next year I will be in the latter half of that equation is for the rest of my life.

On a happier note, I also realized that after 15 years, I am back in the same community where she left me. Mercy was exactly what I needed at the time. Friends, teachers who knew and cared for me, and a softball team who had my back. Dad and I were both grateful for the Mercy community. And here I am today, working at Mercy, enjoying the same benefits of the community but as an adult. In 15 years, I have made a circle and I don't have any regrets. My mom knew Mercy was a great place.

I miss you mom. On to the next milestone. Thanks for watching.


5 comments:

  1. Mercy was good to us. I'm thankful to this day. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely memories, Claire, and beautifully written. A heartfelt expression of your love for your Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your gracious and loving post, Claire. I, too, think it has been 15 short and long years. I miss her very much these days. I know she would be very proud of you and all you do. Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is a wonderful and loving post

    ReplyDelete