Saturday, July 29, 2017

Pismo Beach

Syd and I randomly decided to drive down the coast to have a mini vacay. We were able to get a hotel in Pismo Beach so we packed my Jeep this morning and headed out.

Our drive was foggy on the way down but the sun finally came out around noon. Syd surfed next to the pier and then we were ready for something else to do. We noticed on the map that there was a beach for ATVs and we knew we had to check it out.

Off roading makes me nervous, but Syd encouraged me to try driving on the sand. You can feel your tires spinning, but my Jeep's four wheel drive handles it like a champ. We were driving next to the waves, it was nuts!!

The ATV beach is really not as glamorous as it sounds thought. It was PACKED with 4x4s and quads flying up the sand dunes. Each vehicle was flying some kind of flag (some that I was shocked to see), and we felt a little out of our element. We only stayed for about 15 minutes and I couldn't help but think about all the bad things we are doing to the environment. But now I can cross off-roading off my bucket list.

Can't wait to go to the car wash on Monday!



No comments:

Post a Comment