We had a lot of alums come back to campus today, and I think many of them planned to give their seminars on what it means to be a confident adult women to them, and then leave, but many of them ended up staying for lunch and then staying for the rally! It was fun to have our alums home on campus and see them laughing and cheering and singing right along side our current Mercy girls. We sing a song called the Circle of Mercy, and I witnessed the line in the song today that says “the circle of Mercy is timeless.”
Meghan, Noma, and I from 2004.
This morning our freshmen did a skit adopted from the Wizard of Oz, and they were Dorothy looking for the Mercy Sisterhood. At the end of the skit, they found the sisterhood while singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow. They were so genuine and wholehearted that at the end of the song, the seniors gave them a standing ovation! It was really remarkable to see. It was as if the upperclassmen were giving this new class their approval and official welcome. It was very moving.
I also have to say, I was really proud of the SBOs today. They put on a fantastic rally that was all inclusive. They had multiple clubs and student groups perform and organize games. Even the faculty got involved with a tug of war tournament. It was a full community effort that kept everyone engaged.
The SBO squad.
My tug of war team!
Sisters at the rally.
Happy Mercy Day everyone! Thank you Catherine McAuley for starting our sisterhood and bringing us together. My heart is full.
No comments:
Post a Comment