We started 2019 in January at Chichen Itza. Syd and I toured all over Canun, seeing the ruins, snorkeling, and trying different foods. Seeing the pyramid was definitely a bucket list item.
In February I found out the pain in my abdominals, was actually a broken rib! I started my journey of trying to heal it and tried many different things like electric acupuncture (pictured), two physical therapists, cupping, stretching, two Chiropractors, running training, and foam rolling. It is still not 100%, but I am in a much better place. One of my goals for 2020 is to listen to my body, heal this injury, and be able to live pain free! And by live I mean exercise. :-)
Spring Training kicked off in March and we traveled to watch the Giants in AZ while visiting Bob. We had a fun weekend spending time with Syd’s brother too. The Giants were just ok this year and it was sad to say goodbye to our skipper Bouchy!
Vanessa and Kai came to visit us during spring break in April! We spent time in SF, drove down to Monterey, and enjoyed the beach in HMB. It was so fun showing both of them all our favorite things to do in the Bay Area. I hope we can see them again in 2020.
In May I captained Mercy Prom with Lindsay on a yacht in the Bay. It was a beautiful evening for dancing under the bridges. We had fun celebrating a successful end of the school year.
RR got her driver’s permit in June! Isn’t she lucky to have a sister and sister’s friend (her homeroom teacher) to drive around and practice with?! We thought the bike helmets were a good touch. RR is becoming a good driver in the silver Jeep.
I got to hold a koala in July!! Syd and I enjoyed our surf vacation on the other side of the planet in Australia. It was winter there, but the waves were perfect for Surfer Syd. We snorkeled the Great Barrier Reef and drove on the other side of the road. Australia felt like a warm and beachy version of Canada. I am glad we went because who knows when we will make the 14 hour flight again.
I started my fourth year as an administrator at Mercy in August and RR started sophomore year. I should also mention that Lindsay convinced me to cut my hair. This is the shortest it has been in 10 years.
In September the Mercy girls hosted the Mercy-A-Thon at the trampoline park. It hope this is a tradition that sticks because we had so much fun jumping around with all the girls.
The Evans men came up to HMB to celebrate Syd’s birthday in October. They spent the weekend at every local surf break. It was perfect fall weather on the coast and some of the best surfing of the year.

In November we became the proud owners of The Whale House. Buying a home was a nerve racking process, but we persevered. We love our home in Moss Beach. Come visit us!

For the first time in a few years we spent the December holidays at home. It was our first Christmas in our new house and my dad surprised us with a Christmas tree on our porch. It has been a relaxing vacation and we have been able to have family and friends over to our new house. I am so grateful to be spending time at home!
In November we became the proud owners of The Whale House. Buying a home was a nerve racking process, but we persevered. We love our home in Moss Beach. Come visit us!
For the first time in a few years we spent the December holidays at home. It was our first Christmas in our new house and my dad surprised us with a Christmas tree on our porch. It has been a relaxing vacation and we have been able to have family and friends over to our new house. I am so grateful to be spending time at home!
I am looking forward to 2020! Syd gave me a trash picker for Christmas so I am feeling inspired to be environmentally cautious this year. My plan is to pick up trash in my neighborhood, at the beach, at school, or where ever needed every day. I’m excited because this goal will get me outside and moving daily and can be inclusive to others! Who wants to join? I have plenty of bags.
Happy New Year Everyone! I’ll keep you posted!
No comments:
Post a Comment