At 11:30, Lindsay and I were driving to see Warrior and Syd called me on his way home from the beach because said he cut his foot and needed stiches. He seemed pretty panicked so we turned around and raced to meet him at home. He was still in his wetsuit when we sat him down on the back of his truck and looked at the cut. Lindsay had the hose ready to spray, I took the towel off his foot, we took one look, and then looked at each other and said “we are going to the hospital.”
I wrapped Syd’s foot really tight in the towel and started to apply pressure. I will spare you the details of the cut, but it was big and dirty. Syd was feeling pretty faint, so we had him lay down in the back of his truck while I kept the pressure on the wound, and Lindsay drove us to the ER in Moss Beach. Luckily it was only a few blocks away. Going over the hill in Beach traffic was not a great option.
They took Syd back in a wheel chair right away when we got there, but because of Covid, I had to wait in the parking lot. Lindsay and I hung out while Syd text me updates.
He got 8 stiches, needed significant cleaning, and is now all wrapped up and on crutches. He got a Tetanus shot and is on antibiotics. I need to call a podiatrist on Monday to get him a follow up. Fingers crossed he doesn’t need any surgery!
He is resting now and being very brave.
The highlight of my day was making pie with our apples and picking our first tomatoes. The pie is delicious!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment