Sunday, December 5, 2021

The Olympic Club

I got invited to play golf at the Olympic Club in SF today. We played the cliffs course, which is right by Fort Funston. The club and course was super nice and swankey. It was an interesting environment to see!
The 2nd hole overlooking the beach. 

On the 3rd hole I hit a really good ball on the green, and I slid my hand down my club in celebration. A chard of metal on my super old golf clubs flaked off, and sliced my palm open!

I had a handful of blood by the time I reached the golf performance center. I asked if they had any tape and he said “tape isn’t allowed in golf, but you can see what we have in the first aid kit.” I told him I wasn’t keeping score so tape didn’t matter for me. I just needed to cover the wound. Ha. 

I finished playing with a wrapped hand and got two pars. Not bad because it definitely was not an ideal situation. This view is overlooking The City! The fog was burning off and it was a beautiful day. 

Here is my hand after wrapping it at home. 

Super weird injury. I wish my new clubs would come before February because clearly I need them!

2 comments: