Monday, January 15, 2024

Pitching Toe Box

I am super excited because I made a training aid for my pitchers! When you pitch, the pitcher is supposed to drag with their shoe laces down. If you drag the side of your foot, it messes up the body’s natural biomechanics. To help my pitchers with this, I constructed a toe box. 
Borrowed a saw from LaRue. 


Final product, what it looks like on the mound. The box reminds the pitcher to drag straight, instead of pivoting the foot. If your foot swivels, you will hit the side of the box.


Here is my little pitcher with textbook form! Her shoelaces are down in the box, and both of her knees are pointed directly at the plate. She actually increased some speed too this lesson, just by being in the right position. Cool this is too, is that I didn’t even have to watch to know that her body was doing the right thing during the pitch. I could hear a slight “dink” if her foot hit the wood. 

Excited to keep using this! I had 3 dads say they plan to make one for their pitchers to use at home. 

1 comment:

  1. That's great! And my favorite line, although I think it's a typo, is "Cool this is too" -- sounds like Yoda!

    ReplyDelete