Thursday, April 2, 2026

Birthday Golf

​Last summer I set the goal to play Pebble Beach for my 40th birthday. At the time I still had sciatica down my left leg from my back injury, and I couldn’t fully extend my hamstring. My physical therapist said it would be a long shot, but we could work to get here. 

I worked really had with my support team of PT, therapist, nutritionist, and personal trainer to strengthen my core enough to put a club in my hand. It was slow progress, but first I could putt, then I could chip, and then I could swing. I started playing holes in February, and today I accomplished my goal of playing Pebble Beach Golf Links on my birthday! I am super proud that I was able to hit my clubs consistently today. 

Before teeing off. I was very excited about my golf dress!! 


Teeing off on the first hole. It is so scary!!! Everyone is watching and my heart was racing. I was using all the mental prep tools that I use with my pitchers and team and my heart was still beating out of my chest. 


Out on the course. 


Story time- Syd’s grandmother, Doris grew up in this house on the 13th hole. It’s beautiful and huge, and unfortunately, not in the family any more. 


The view from Doris’ house. Wow!


Getting ready to putt and finish the round on the famous 18th hole. 

It was a birthday to remember! I am really grateful for the experience. Thank you to all my friends and family for the birthday wishes and support making this goal a reality. 


And because I am committed to recovery, making sure my body feels ok to play tomorrow, we made this huge bath into an ice bath. Freezing, but worth it! This is 40! 🤣

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! Happy, happy birthday. What a wonderful day for you two.

    ReplyDelete