I attended and presented at the Philadelphia Coaches Conference today. There were about 200 coaches in attendance from the Philly area. Most were youth sports coaches, but there were a few college coaches in attendance too. 
My first presentation of the day was on building connected teams and a positive team culture. This is my more interactive session and it gets coaches up, moving, and experiencing the power of community building within the team.
My second session of the day focused on coaching girls and creating a team culture that empowers them to lead. It is based on the research presented in these two books below.
The energy at the conference was great, and I had a lot of enthusiastic coaches engaged during my sessions, so that was fun. I got to hear Temple’s head football coach speak about his team culture, and then Fran Dunphy, a famous basketball coach, concluded the day. It was worth the trip and I hope to have more opportunities like this again in the future.
Great!
ReplyDelete