Sunday, April 7, 2013

Sky Zone

Tough Taking Pictures in a Warehouse With Artificial Lighting.
On Saturday, Syd took me to Sky Zone, which is a warehouse that is wall to wall trampolines. I had never been there before but it looked really fun online so I figured it would be a cool afternoon. When we got to Sky Zone my softball girls were there too! Turns out Syd had invited them for some "team bonding" and coach's birthday.

We bounced around for an hour, trying flips and racing up and down the tramps. They also had a dodgeball court set up that was a huge hit. It was funny because my girls were dominant playing dodge ball. A lot of the boys didn't want to play against them because they threw so hard and accurately. One boy pointed to Kathleen while we were in line and we had a conversation that made me laugh.

Boy: Is she a pitcher? She throws hard.
Me: Yes, she's a really good pitcher.
Boy: Who does she play for?
Me: Me.

His eyes got as wide as saucers. I guess I didn't look like an adult with sweat all over my face and my hair everywhere while playing dodgeball with the kids. Ha.
Slam Dunk

Syd particularly liked the basketball hoops set up with the trampolines. He worked on his dunking skills for quite a while.

Such a great outing! All of us were sweating like crazy and no serious injuries. I have trampoline burn on my elbow from one of the flips I attempted. Syd and I are really sore, especially my back from all the impact, but I am sure the girls are fine with their young bodies. They better be because we have 4 games coming up this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment