My new office at Mercy is also my old office at Mercy. When I was a student, I was an Student Body Officer and we had our own office on campus. The students still have the SBO office, and I happen to be the adult that will be in there supervising from a desk.
Every class of officers left behind something in the room that future classes will see. People have signed the cabinet walls, painted the doors, stained the carpets, and I remember my class doing the same things, but rules have changed since then and all of our the '04 group's memories have been painted over (looked for them on my first day)... or so I thought.
Yesterday I was on the phone and I looked up and saw the PA system speaker and instantly remembered. We had written "Dude, what are you looking at? SBO's '03-'04" in sharpie on the ceiling. We must have thought we were hilarious at the time. Funny memories.
I'll be making new memories in this room too.

No comments:
Post a Comment