We played San Mateo today and it was an awesome game! The girls played their hearts out even though we lost 15-16. Both teams really wanted to win and in the last inning we scored 6 runs and had the tying run on second base. I had a couple of firsts today as a coach. 1. One of my players hit the ball to hard to the 3rd basemen that her glove came off. It was a shot. 2. One of freshman hit a line drive off the left center wall. She hit it so hard it bounced straight back to the centerfielder and kept her to a single (without a fence it would have been at least a double).
And 3. I lost the game for my team. Two outs, tying run at second, girl hits the ball up the middle in the gap. Slow runner at second, but I took a risk and sent her home because the chance of the throw being perfectly on line was low. My player slid under the tag at home and did everything I asked of her, but the umpire called her out. Just like that the game was over! Bummer about it too was our best hitter was next up. I should have held my runner at 3rd and kept the inning going with 2 on base. GAHHHH.
Live and learn. We have another game tomorrow and I can't wait to watch the girls play again. We are ready for our first W.

Sounds like it's going to be a fun season.
ReplyDelete