Saturday, May 5, 2018

EF Sandblast Challenge

This morning I ran the Empowered Fitness Sandblast Challenge. It is a 3.5 mile run from the harbor to Mavericks, and back, with stations/obstacles in between. I have done a lot of physically challenging things in my life, and this has got to be in the top 5!!

I signed up for the run through my gym, and my friend Lindsay did it too. We figured it would be a good gage of what we need to work on for when we do the Spartan 5k in December. Turns out I need to run more, and learn how to pace myself because I get really competitive at the beginning and then at the end I had nothing left!

Me at the first turn to the beach. I was in 3rd place at this point!

Here I am at the last station. We had to do 20 medicine ball slams. I was so tired!


Crossing the finish line! I finished 4th in my age group (25+) and 8th overall! So happy it was over. 



Here I am after the race with my friend Lindsay (left) and our trainer Guin. It was painful but so fun! I hope I can walk tomorrow. 



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations Claire! Well done!!! 🎉🎉

    ReplyDelete