Wednesday, June 3, 2020
Anti-Racism
I went dark on social media yesterday in solidarity with the Black Lives Matter movement. The police brutality and racism in our country has been really bothering me this week. I don’t have the words, or know all the answers, but I am trying to listen to black voices in my community. Usually I would be out there protesting, but because of Covid-19, I have been to nervous about getting sick because it is nearly impossible to socially distance at a protest. I feel guilty that my privilege is showing because I am able to shelter in place, while others are not, but I am doing my best to post anti-racism rescources online and also educate myself by reading everything I can. I have a ton of books on my summer reading list right now. We have a curfew in place again tonight in San Mateo County. I hope everyone protesting stays safe tonight!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment