Saturday, July 11, 2020

RR’s Riding Lesson

Have I ever told you how blown away I am when I watch my sister ride? She really is amazing. 

I went with Ryan and my dad to Woodside for her lesson. Dad trailered Atlas and I just tagged along. The facility is beautiful, a barn and arena that doesn’t compare to the Moss Beach Ranch. 



Rachel, RR’s trainer, was riding a beautiful horse when we pulled up and then she came outside to greet us. She is super nice and friendly. I judge coaches on their positivity and this women passed that test for sure. I really liked her energy. 



RR tacked up and got Atlas going into the arena. She wears headphones that connects to Rachel, so there isn’t any yelling, just a student and teacher having a conversation. Rachel is constantly giving directions in a fun, upbeat way, and giving feedback, while RR makes small corrections (too small for Dad or me to notice), and then Rachel says “super!” and “good girl, beautiful!” When Atlas does something really great, Rachel walks over to the table, gets a peppermint candy and gives it to him. She LOVES horses and makes sure they know it. 



It is really cool to watch RR and Atlas work together and Rachel guide them. RR looks like she is having fun, but working hard, and Atlas is sweaty and foaming on the bit, exactly what you want a horse to do. My sister is fearless when she rides. She goes for it, tries, and it successful. I hope she knows that it isn’t an accident that she is a good rider and caught the eye of such and renowned trainer. She worked for it!



I thanked Ryan for letting me watch today. It really was a pleasure. 

1 comment:

  1. thank you for this fabulous post, now I can really see your sis and her horse and trainer!

    ReplyDelete