The only thing I wanted for my birthday was an adventure in Yosemite! I had never been before and I have been wanting to go since before Covid. We left this morning to make that happen.
We drove up Hwy 140 and saw snow on our way up the mountains. It was sunny and 70 and we drove with the roof off my Jeep.
Once in the park, I was shocked when we came around a bend and could see Half Dome! I thought we would have to hike in to get a good photo, but here it is, right off the Hwy.
Us with the first glimps of the dome.
Yosemite Valley is a loop that you can drive, hike, or bike, and there are parking lots and rest stops along the loop pointing out the cool geography. The loop is very crowded with tourists and it feels a little like a nature amusement park. I really had no idea you could see all the sights from your car!
Syd and I parked and we hiked to Mirror Lake. It is right under Half Dome and a seasonal lake when there is runoff from the snowmelt.

Looking up at Half Dome from the lake.

Syd and I are staying in Yosemite, but not in the valley. We are staying in Wawona, which feels like the middle of nowhere. A lot less tourists and our cabin is right on the river.

Here is the inside of our cabin. It has a great kitchen and a deck with a grill. There are two bedrooms and it is more than enough space for us.
Looking up at Half Dome from the lake.
Syd and I are staying in Yosemite, but not in the valley. We are staying in Wawona, which feels like the middle of nowhere. A lot less tourists and our cabin is right on the river.
Here is the inside of our cabin. It has a great kitchen and a deck with a grill. There are two bedrooms and it is more than enough space for us.
Looking forward to seeing more sights tomorrow, mostly waterfalls. Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes! It was a great day!
No comments:
Post a Comment