At CLA we started our antiracism unit. We are using this workbook by Dr. Kendi as a guide and I am really proud of the conversations our students are having. They are all being open to examin their beliefs, where the beliefs came from, and how we should strive for equity. The vulnerability that they are showing while learning is special to watch and I think if we hadn’t created a safe community first, we wouldn’t be able to have these important conversations effectively.
One of my pitchers, who I have coached since she was 10, committed to go to St. Joseph’s University next year! I am thrilled for her and proof that hard work pays off.
Lindsay and I gave our presentation last night at the HMB library called “Let’s Talk About Emotions.” We referenced Dr. Marc Brackett’s Mood Meter and Dr. Lisa Damour’s glitter jar in the presentation. I was super excited because when I posted on CLA’s social media about it, Dr. Brackett liked our post!!!!!! He’s a celebrity to Lindsay and I and we felt very validated.
Today was 65 degrees and we spent it at the beach with CLA. I thought to myself that it would be painful to have been inside on such a nice day, so I knew that I am exactly where I am supposed to be.
Bring on the weekend!
No comments:
Post a Comment