Sunday, November 30, 2025

Miraflores, Lima

​This morning we had a quick flight to Lima and then we settled into our hotel for the remainder of our trip. Lima is a big city with over 11 million people. It feels like a big city too! We are staying in the Miraflores neighborhood which is very touristy and is also on the beach. 

There is a highway along the beach with big cliffs and it kind of feels like the PCH in Santa Monica. The traffic was crazy too! The big buildings are fancy hotels. We are staying just up the street. 

There is surfing here in Lima. Here is Syd looking at the surf. It was going to be too much to bring a surfboard to Cusco, but if the waves are good he might rent one tomorrow. The weather is beautiful, 75 degrees, light breeze and sunny. I guess it never rains here and it is very smoggy. I am happy to be back at sea level. Even though I did well in the altitude, it was no joke. My nose and skin are so dry!


We walked around and found the main square. It is named after JFK, which I thought was kind of weird (I didn’t read the full sign for the explanation). But the square is know for its cats! 

There are these cute little cat houses everywhere and people feed them and give them water. 

It was so cute!


This one was really happy in the sun. I haven’t seen any alpacas here, but the cats will do!


1 comment: