I don't usually blog about food, but today this ice cream was a total mistake. After running, my friend and I stopped at this ice cream shop for a treat. We tried a few flavors, and the texture was kind of bizarre and the lady could tell we were a little wary of what to order. She proceeded to explain that it was a vegan ice cream shop and all the products were made out of coconut milk and sweetened with honey. I ordered vanilla bean to play it safe. I got my cup of ice cream and when I took a bite, it tasted like pine wood chips with drizzled honey. YUCK. I was not pleased, but I guess it was a sign that I didn't need to eat dessert tonight after all.Now that I am thinking about it, the ice cream shop shouldn't be trusted at all because the Vegan diet doesn't include honey because it is considered an animal product. They fooled me! I certainly won't be going back, however I am giving myself a point for trying something that scared me.
I didn't know there was ANY bad ice cream!
ReplyDelete