Fan Fest is in full swing down at the Rose Bowl. The parade and the game are only days away and Pasadena is definitely getting ready.
I went to Fan Fest last year for the first time and saw all the parade floats being made. This year is was pretty much the same organizations like the Rotary, and Kiwanis, making floats, just in different elaborate designs. The one above is a space ship.
These aliens will go on the space ship once they are finished being decorated. Until today, the volunteers haven't been able to put any flowers on the floats because the weather is too hot. All of the colored parts of the floats are seeds or crushed dried flowers.
One of the organizers said that the volunteers will be working until the
last minute to get all the flowers on the floats this year because they don't want the flowers to wilt too early. These are the first couple of flowers that have been prepared to be glued on. I remember how sweet all the flowers smelled last year, but it was funny because today the tents smelled like glue.
A volunteer working on the eye of a Pegasus.
Syd and I both bought shirts to wear on New Year's Day during on parade party. I am excited to see all the floats go down Colorado from our living room window. Good luck to all the volunteers getting the floats ready in the heat,

I enjoy Pasadena so much more through your eyes than when I lived there. Enjoy tomorrow and love to you both...
ReplyDelete