At the Mercy basketball games tonight I had to learn how to run the 30 second shot clock. The clock gets reset if the ball hits the rim, there is a turnover, or a foul. It happens very fast and I get nervous about making a mistake! I only messed up a few times, so it wasn't so bad... But look at this photo. Someone shot the ball and it got stuck on the rim. I have seen that happen during a game of knockout or just shooting around, but never in a game. Should I reset the clock!? Turns out it is more complicated than just hitting the rim because it depends on the possession arrow. AHH! I am learning so much.Thursday, January 5, 2017
Basketball Shot Clock
At the Mercy basketball games tonight I had to learn how to run the 30 second shot clock. The clock gets reset if the ball hits the rim, there is a turnover, or a foul. It happens very fast and I get nervous about making a mistake! I only messed up a few times, so it wasn't so bad... But look at this photo. Someone shot the ball and it got stuck on the rim. I have seen that happen during a game of knockout or just shooting around, but never in a game. Should I reset the clock!? Turns out it is more complicated than just hitting the rim because it depends on the possession arrow. AHH! I am learning so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment