Competition day two is all about cheer. Cheer got up early to practice and polish their routine for their final performance tonight. I have been so impressed with their sportsmanship. They wish every team good luck and cheer for them too. They are making Mercy proud!
Dance had a nice day of team bonding. We started off at the buffet for breakfast after letting them sleep in. From there we went to the Millennium Dance Complex, which is a well known dance studio in the dance world. It was started in LA and is known for having celebrities like Justin Timberlake and Britney Spears taking classes there. It was a really cool opportunity for the girls to work with their instructors today. They girls were excited about crossing something off their bucket lists. One group took a hip hop class and the other took a contemporary class. There was a window so I got to watch a little bit. I loved watching the girls smile and having fun doing what they love.
We went back to the hotel to support cheer on stage. I spent the whole time with the team during warm ups. They practiced their tumbling and ran their routine a few times over. I was with them right before they went on stage and the captains gave heartfelt pep talks to keep everyone calm and pumped up.
They had a solid performance. They went into today in first place by 2 points. We were so nervous sitting in the stands waiting for them to announce the winners!
After what felt like hours, the Mercy Cheer team were crowned national champions!!!!! It was so exciting. A great end to Jamz Nationals.
Congratulations Mercy dance and cheer teams! I got the chills when I saw the last photo — National Champions!!!
ReplyDelete