Wednesday, October 21, 2020

NeuroLink

I started concussion management treatment this week at Neurolink Chiropractic in San Mateo. I had never heard of concussion therapy, but my athletic trainer at school encouraged me to look into it. Last week I did a bunch of tests to measure brain function, and they were able to pinpoint where my brain injury is exactly. Turns out I have two things going on. A brain injury in my brain stem, and a neck injury that has pinched the nerves that extend into the crown of my head. At this point in my recovery, the majority of my headaches are tension headaches that is coming from my neck. My head injury has significantly improved!

Anyway, for the next four weeks I’ll be going three times per week for treatment. They will be doing laser therapy on my head (pictured), brain stimulation exercises with virtual reality (I’ll work on getting a photo of that!), and chiropractic stuff for my neck. I am happy to have a plan, because it’s been a longggg recovery. 

I had to wear those cool glasses to protect my eyes. It was funny because with the mask, I couldn’t get them to de-fog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment