Sunday, November 28, 2021

Hanalei and Poipu Bay

This morning we went up to Hanalei Bay for surfing at first light. 
We got there 10 minutes after first light, which is different than sunrise, and the parking lot was already packed. It was a beautiful morning watching the sun come up at the beach. 

While Syd surfed I read and journaled and thought creatively. When you are in a calm setting it really is cool the things you can come up with. 

I walked out on the Hanalei Bay pier after doing some yoga. 

Surfer Syd was stoked after his surf session. 

After a gish plate and poke for lunch, we played golf at Poipu Bay. It is the nicest course I have ever played (HMB is right up there with it), but the nicest part was it was empty!!!! It also has a free practice facility if you play a round. That was pretty cool. 

Syd teeing off on the first hole. 

They gave us cute little flower ball markers. I was pretty happy with mine. 

Me teeing off on the 15th, their signature hole with a view of Poipu. 

The sun isn’t great, but us! The course was so empty we played all 18 holes in 3 hours instead of 4. I hope we play there again. 

Back at our condo we grilled ono for dinner. And now it’s 7:30pm and we are in bed because vacationing is full of hobbies and serious business. 

1 comment: