Saturday, April 30, 2022

Last Rally

I have always loved the rallies at Mercy. My freshman year I thought it was so fun to cheer on my class, and I always aspired to be the SBO Rally coordinator. My senior year I led the rallies, and it’s one of my fondest memories of high school (outside of softball). As the Asst. Head of School for Student Life, the rallies again fell under me even though they are student led. Yesterday was our last rally of our school year where we honor the seniors and it was my last rally too. It was a beautiful day, joyful, fun, and full of Mercy Spirit. It was exactly what our souls needed after a hard and long week. 
My teacher friends and I at lunch in class color shirts. 
Me and the SBOs getting ready for the rally. They worked so hard to plan a fun experice for the school. I am really proud of them!
Ryan before her last rally of high school! I have a photo with her from every rally of her Mercy career. So happy to have shared Mercy spirit with her!
The Seniors ready for their entrance!
The Mansion dodge ball team for the faculty game. It was Russell vs. Mansion. 
The Mansion lost but I was in it til the end! So much fun. The kids went nuts watching the teachers throw balls at each other. Ha!

Cheer performance. 

The Junior council performed a dance on stage, and during the dance on of the Juniors fell in the fish pond! In all my years at Mercy I had never seen that before!!! She wasn’t hurt, came out smiling, and laughing, and it was the highlight of the rally for sure. I told her the ultimate sign of Mercy spirit if falling in the pond. A moment we will never forget!!
Here she is dry, we got her some new clothes, and she was still smiling and laughing!
Congrats to the Seniors for winning the spirit trophy. It’s days like this, having the community together with happy kids is what I will miss most. 

2 comments: