Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Spanish Bay

This morning we drove down to Carmel and played golf at Spanish Bay. The course is links style and right along the ocean. It was beautiful but the wind really picked up for the back 9 and that was rough!!
Getting ready to tee off at Spanish Bay. 

Officially playing a Pebble Beach golf course. 

Me on the 2nd. The beach in the background is called Moss Beach!

The Marshall was really nice and offered to take a photo of us. 

So many deer! And this hole was crazy because the green was surrounded by sand. The wind was so strong I aimed at the sand on far right and the ball carried all the way to the sand on the left. Then I had to chip it out of the sand on to the green!

When we got back to the cart, a crow had pooped on the score card. Par for the course…

So much sand, everywhere. I am actually really proud of how I played. I didn’t lose a ball until the back 9 and I got two pars! For a world class golf course that is known to be difficult and it was a 3 club difference wind, I’ll take it. 

We drove a little bit after our round to Lone Cypress Point to see the famous tree on the Pebble Beach logo. 

We got to the house we are staying in around 4:00 and there were otters playing in the waves below. You can see two little otters popping up. 

The house up on the hill. 
More adventuring tomorrow!

1 comment: