Monday, January 9, 2023

Scenes from today

I heard lightning hit something close to our house early this morning. I looked outside and saw flames from a power line hitting a tree! I called 911at 3:50am and they sent out a crew. 
The first time the fire truck rolled through, they looked at the wrong pole! They were shining light down the street but didn’t get close to the middle of the block where the flames were. I didn’t know at the time that the tree was down blocking the entire road and they couldn’t drive down the street. 


The second time I called 911 at 5:15am and they found the right pole this time. All of the power was already out in our neighborhood, pre lightning, and we didn’t think it would come back any time soon. 


When the sun came up Syd and I walked down the street and discovered the tree. You can’t see the flames or the fire truck from this angle, but they are there!


Still smoldering at 7am, but PGE and the fire crew was there watching just in case. They couldn’t clear it until the county moved the tree. 


At 8:30am a crew finally stopped the fire. 

We got our power back around noon, but one street over is still dark. I’m super grateful no one was hurt and people had moved out of the gray house last month so it’s totally empty! This is what the scene looked like this evening. Tree had been cleared and you can see the wire PGE cute hanging down. I hope they restore power to the rest of the neighborhood soon and tonight’s storm isn’t as crazy. I’m ready for the 50mph winds to stop at night! 

1 comment:

  1. great reporting and fabulous photos ~ thx, mas

    ReplyDelete