Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Arthur Goes To Camp

Not sure if I mentioned it, but Arthur was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism earlier this summer and he has been losing a lot of weight. He had a bad reaction to the medication so this week we took the next step in upping his care to make him more comfortable. The poor guy is eating 5+ wet foods a day in addition to dry food. He’s starving because his metabolism is so out of wack!

Today I dropped Arthur off at the SAGE pet hospital at what I am calling radiation camp. He got a radio iodine shot today that will kill the cells disrupting his thyroid and he has to stay there until Friday. I packed him four days worth of food, a towel to smell like home, and his carrier, all labeled with his name. 



I was so sad dropping him off, it was really hard. I know he is in good care at camp and he will come home radioactive for 2 weeks, but cured! Can’t wait to see him on Friday!

1 comment: