As requested by Kristin, here are some pictures of my cousin Toby.
I got to spend some quality time with Toby. We danced around the living room, went for a walk, and played with some of his "friends" which are colored foam letters that he likes to throw in the air. Toby is incredibly verbal for a 2 year old. He puts complicated sentences together and you can see him thinking hard about the right thing to say when you ask him a question. It is funny and cute because he has his pronouns mixed up. He uses you when talking about himself (you want some water, instead of I want some water), because he is used to people asking him "do you want this?" or "do you like this?" so he thinks of himself as a "you." I was really confused when he handed me a napkin and said "I want a napkin." I handed it back to him thinking he needed it, but then his parents explained his thought process and told me he was being thoughtful. So cute, thanks Toby! English words are challenging, huh?
Thanks for the photos Emma Claire -- but you're way too tan! No more beach or pool days for you until November. Now start stalking William and Kate!
ReplyDeleteWow, what an amazing 2 year old! I enjoyed this post,thanks.
ReplyDelete