Thursday, July 7, 2011

Wrecker's Game

Since the men's league has implemented the new "pitchers can only throw 4 innings" rule, the Wrecker's imported another pitcher tonight. Kelly, Brett's sister, came to pitch the 5th-7th inning for us. Kelly just got home from trying out in for the South African national team, so it was nice to have someone else to shoulder the pitching burden. Not going to lie though, I am happier pitching than playing 2nd base!


Kelly and I are the same type of pitcher. We have a similar style on the field and off. Coincidentally we both have our nails done the same way, except mine are my real nails and hers are acrylic. We agreed that there is something about striking batters out with pink nail polish that is very satisfying.

The playoffs start next week. We came in first place so we are playing the 4th place team on Monday. Go Wreckers!

1 comment:

  1. I can see it now. They all will scratch their heads and go, "Two of them? This just got worse. We need another rule: No pitchers with pink fingernail polish that strike us out."

    ReplyDelete