I have to admit, 2011 was a pretty good year for me. I set the goal of becoming more adult-like (but still feeling youthful haha), and I think I have accomplished that to my own capacity as of right now. I mean, I turned 25 and got my first full-time job with benefits, that is pretty grown up, right? This is my year in review. You be the judge.
In January I moved back down to Northridge into a house full of roommates I had never met. Talk about taking a risk! I really like my house with my own yellow room and bathroom, and it has worked out great with my roommates. We get along and hang out when our schedules align.
In February, I started coaching the Purple Bruisers in the Encino-Sherman Oaks Softball League. I decided volunteer coaching would be a good way to get involved in the community, and it was very true. It is fun working with the girls, and I have made a lot of good contacts in the softball world down here.
In March, my friend Vanessa came to visit LA. We had a crazy week of little sleep, tons of shopping, and touristy excursions, all while coaching softball and going to practices and games in the afternoon. Of all the weeks of the year last year, if I could replay that one, I totally would. V and I don't get to hang out enough because she lives in Europe, but when we, we make it could.
In April baseball season was finally back and I was able to go to a home game with my family in SF. Go Giants! I love this picture because it clearly demonstrates how big of a fan my sister is too. Ha.
In May, my IH softball team qualified for the CIF playoffs for the first time in 15 years. It was so exciting for the girls, and I was incredibly proud of them. I will have 9 returning players in 2012, so we are hoping to go even farther this year.
In June, I visited my friend Jenna in Iowa. She lives in Iowa City while she is getting her MD, PhD at the University. We had a weekend of catching up and she showed me all over her town and surrounding area (as well as her wedding dress!). Here we are at a Cedar Rapid Kernel game (think corn kernel), a minor league baseball team.
Believe it or not, I survived the month of July without a computer. My computer was in the shop for 4 weeks, until the Apple Store deemed it unrepairable and gave me a new one. Meanwhile, I was pitching in the men's fastpitch softball league. Not going to lie, there is something about striking out an ex-college baseball player that is really satisfying and the teams I played against were full of them. It also lead to many sore mornings after I played. My body doesn't recover as fast anymore.
School started in August at Immaculate Heart. This is one of my PE classes the first week of school while hiking in Griffith Park.
In September I was fully immersed in life as a teacher at IH. Our school celebrated spirit week and even the teachers dressed up for fun. Above is Sofia and I on twin day. A classic picture that I will gladly post again and again on my blog if I could!
Tanja came to visit me from Switzerland in October and here we are at the Rose Bowl for a UCLA football game. This game was just the first of many UCLA sporting events I went to this year because of the season tickets to the women's basketball games someone gave me. Yay Sports.
In November I retired from driving my beloved softball mobile Jeep and my dad upgraded me to a newer model. I love my new car.
And of course, RR turned 8! Isn't she awesome!?
December was full of holiday cheer. I got to spend a week at home for the holidays, just one of the perks of being a teacher, I learned. We had a nice holiday that was on the quiet side this year. No complaints there.
Picking out the pictures for the year in review was really challenging this year! So many cool things happened, like softball camp, Tiin and Daniel visiting, and taking dance classes at the gym that deserve mentioning, but there are only 12 months. I am thankful for my full and busy life as well as my friends and family who help make it great. I look forward to 2012 being just as awesome at 2011. Can't wait to continue to tell my readers about my ponytail adventures.
Happy New Year Everyone! Do one thing each day that scares you.




No comments:
Post a Comment