Monday, February 13, 2012

Running Down the Street

This dog is cute, but, boy, is Bentley a pain these days! His training is not coming along very smoothly which is frustrating for me because I am not exactly a dog person and my roommate works weird hours.

Today I went outside to take out the trash. It was pretty windy so the door unexpectedly blew open. Bentley is an indoor dog, and has never really show interest in running outside when the front door is open, but guess what? That all changed, under my watch because I left the door open while his owner was napping. UGH.

I ended up chasing Bentley up and down my street. He is fast and runs like a rabbit. I was seriously annoyed because the dog is totally not my repsonibility. Also, since he is so small (only weights 3lbs) I was worried he would run into the street and a car wouldn't see him. The potential guilt of that happening was awful.

Luckily, I had my running shoes on and managed to use my quick hands to grab him. It also helped that a bigger dog started barking at him from behind a fence and kind of spooked him.

Note to self: look for Bentley's leash.

1 comment:

  1. I love the line "He is fast and runs like a rabbit." I had my own share of days trying to catch rabbits that were fast and ran like rabbits. Note to CRG: Dogs are better virtual pets than real pets! PS Will you be my Valentine? <3

    ReplyDelete