We have a big blue fence covering in center field and the girls really wanted to use chalk to make a mural saying "HWSB (Heart's) Seniors." On Wednesday I let the girls do a little early preparation and ended practice early so the under classmen could get a head start. Most of the mural was done and looked great, except for a last few finishing touches for before the game. Good planning, except the sprinklers went on that night!! When Melanie and I showed up to the field the chalk was completely washed away so Mel and I redid all the art in a hour in a half. It was a Senior Day miracle!
This year the team has four Seniors and we honored them before the game. The under classmen gave them flowers and we announced their names and credited their hard work accomplishments. It was really fun to make the Seniors feel extra special.
The game itself was an extra inning nail biter. We were tied 1-1 with Chaminade in the 7th inning and then went on to play extra innings. With one out and two on base, Jessica, a senior was up. With every ball she fouled off in that at bat (6 or 7), you could see how much she wanted to win the game. Finally she hit a line drive down the right field line for the winning RBI.
I am so proud of my team and my seniors for how they played. They played with heart for the entire game and the team was really playing for each other. These seniors deserved to have an awesome day and I am so happy the team delivered for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment