Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Student vs. Faculty Game

Lauren Pitching for the Middle School
It is a long standing tradition at HW for the Middle School Softball team to play the faculty after the season is over. Today a fun group of faculty (mostly PE teachers), came to the field for a quick game. I pitched for the faculty, and the middle school pitcher's threw for themselves. It was actually a very close game, and I am told that the faculty usually dominate, but this year the players won 5-2.

It was fun pitching to the girls, and they had a good time. I wanted to challenge them a little bit, but also I game them some feel good pitches (because they are 12!). Our middle school fences are only about 120ft and Lauren hit one out of the park. For a little revenge, I hit one out the next inning. My first out of the park homerun! (Sorta).

Group Pic
After the game we all ate pizza and cupcakes. Great way to end the middle school season, and a tradition to continue. Go HWSB!

No comments:

Post a Comment