Saturday, May 3, 2014

Tire Change

After our game today my assistant coaches and I were walking to the parking lot and I noticed Katie's back tire was flat. She called Triple A, but it was after 5:00 and they said all of the local tire shops were closed for the weekend. They suggested for Katie to change the tire herself, and of course as coaches, we love a challenge.

The whole scene was pretty comical, but the first obstacle was getting Katie's jack out of her trunk. The tool to unscrew the lever was broken so we had to pry the thing out after using and unfitting wrench. Once we got the jack out, it was much too small and there was no way we would be able to pick up a car with it. 








I got out my Jeep's kit and then we were in business. My forarms were burning and I was in a super deep squat trying to spin the lever, but with some persistence, I got the car off the ground high enough to put the tired on.














After we screwed the lug nuts on extra tight, it occurred to is all that driving on this tire would require a little blind faith in my mechanical skills. Katie did text me though that she made it home in one piece. 

Claire conquers auto-mechanics! I feel like I won. 

No comments:

Post a Comment