Hi From Florida! Syd and I took the red eye last night and we arrived in Crystal River Florida early this morning. We got to our hotel The Plantation at 9am and unfortunately our room wasn't ready.
 |
| The Plantation |
We walked around a little bit and the hotel is right on the water with a dive shop, boat rentals, fishing, kayaks, and manatee tours. It was crazy humid for the morning so we decided to jump in the pool.
 |
| The Pool |
Crystal River connects to King's Bay and the area is linked by canals. Every house has a pool, boat, and dock in their back year. It is pretty amazing because I have noticed at least three houses for sale. I asked Syd why people wouldn't want to live here and he reminded me of the humidity and hurricanes.
 |
| House for Sale across the canal |
To kill some more time before our room opened up, Syd bought a fishing pole. He grew up fishing all the time so he was excited to cast his line. We fished in the canal a little before going to lunch.
 |
| A little fishing |
We had lunch at a local seafood restaurant and they had alligator on the menu! Syd said we had to try it and it actually tasted pretty good. It was like eating a chicken nugget with a slightly chewier texture. You have to pop the whole thing in your mouth because it is hard to bite into pieces.
 |
| Gator Bites |
The waitress said to me "aw is this your first time eating gator?!" As I took this picture. I said yes and then she said, "too had you ruined it with ketchup!" Ketchup definitely made the meal. Sorry for the dark photo.
 |
| My Brave Face |
Tonight we are in bed early after only a couple hours of sleep on the plane. Tomorrow we are going swimming with the manatees at 7am!! Morning is the best time to see them. I am so excited and hoping for good picutres.
No comments:
Post a Comment