 |
| My cool robe |
This morning HW said goodbye to the class of 2014 at graduation. The vent was very formal, even though it was on the football field. She school provides robes for all the faculty and for the first time I felt proud to have a master's degree because I got to wear a cool hood over my robe with CSUN colors and the color of the journalism department. It felt very Harry Potter-like while all of us were dressed up and processed into the ceremony, but it was a pretty cool experience for my first year.
 |
| The Valedictorian |
I only knew four seniors this year, but I cheered for them loudly as they crossed the stage. The school had a big jumbo-tron set up so we could see them up close on stage. The Valedictorian's speech was great, and it was even more impressive to hear her speak because she is a basketball player who got a perfect score on her SAT (she's going to Stanford).
It was a nice morning to celebrate the senior class and now we are off to the end of the year faculty dinner called "Lobsterfest." All I can say is summer I cam so glad you are here!!
PS... I had a crazy thought. I was the graduating class of 2004 and that was ten years ago. What happened?!?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment