Syd and I walked out on the bluffs this morning to see how close we could get to the surf competition. At 8am, there weren't many people out yet, but there were a lot of rangers patrolling. They kept asking us if we knew the "rules," no surf viewing, stay off the cliffs, and stay off the beach. We couldn't tell if they were joking or not, because they all said it with a smile like they knew were weren't out there for a coincidental morning hike.
The fog was still burning off this morning, so it was hard to see. We could see about 10-12 boats and some jet skis, but it was hard to make out any surfers. The waves were pretty big from the cliffs, the biggest wave was always the last one in the set. There were 3 helicopters flying around, and I saw the Coast Guard twice today.
It was cool to walk out there even though it's too far away to see much. The town was abuzz with excitement. The girls on my team said all they did was watch the live stream in class today. I think I heard someone from Santa Cruz won.
No comments:
Post a Comment