Friday, April 21, 2017

Food Bank

Today I took the softball girls to The Second Harvest Food Bank in San Carlos for some community service. We helped sort canned fruit and packaged it into 28lb boxes. It made all of us really grateful for the opportunity to eat fresh fruit. 

There was another high schooler that got added to our group who taught me a valuable lesson. I asked her why she was doing community service hours, and I wrongly assumed for school. She said hers are court ordered for a sentence "a really long time ago."

"Well good for you for getting it done!" I said with a smile. 

Next time I go, I will not ask why others are there. A. I might not be ready for the answer. B. Not everyone has Mercy values. And C. It's none of my business.  All that meters is our intentions are good. 

1 comment: