Friday, December 29, 2017

Around the Island

We were all over the place today! We saw the canyon in the West, snorkeled in the north, surfed in the east, and ate ice cream in the south. 

The Waimea canyon is considered the Grande Canyon of the Pacific. I have never seen the Grand Canyon, but I imagine that it is plenty impressive. The canyon has some cool geology, I love seeing the layers. The dirt is super red here and because of how much rain the island is getting we were able to see the water wall off in the distance. 


We went to Anini beach today to snorkel. Our GoPro was having issues, so I don’t have a photo of the turtle that swam up next to me and surprised me, but I do have one of this turtle and monk seal on the beach!!


The surf conditions weren’t perfect today, but Syd was happy to get a few waves. 


And I love Lappert’s ice cream! I remember eating it as a kid, and they have it in Sausalito, but it’s much better here in Hawaii in its natural location. 


Good and busy day! 

1 comment: