Around 4:30 Syd called me to say that he was about to leave work, but his leg and foot was numb to he was having trouble walking to his car. He said he sat cross legged in his last meeting and his leg fell asleep, and the tingling and numbness hadn’t gone away yet.
Seemed kind of weird, so I told him to try to shake it out or walk it off. He tried, but with no luck go get rid of the numbness after about 15 minutes. By this time it was 4:45.
Around 5:00, and after I offered multiple times to pick him up from work, Syd felt like his leg was good enough to drive. He could press down on the gas, but could not flex his foot. Without trying to be too nervous, I started to be concerned he had a blood clot in his calf or something. It had been an hour since he had feeling in his leg.
Anyway, Syd made it home after reminding him to drive slow and safely, and I insisted that he see a DR because he was in so much discomfort and couldn’t feel his foot or shin. To walk, he has to kick his foot forward to make sure he doesn’t catch his toe in the ground. It’s like a one footed high kick gait. Of course I was compassionate, and not laughing.
We get to urgent care in San Mateo and there was relatively no wait. The DR was able to get a pulse in Syd’s foot, and the color was good, so there wasn’t a circulation issue or blood clot. Phew!
After inspecting where the left and foot was numb, she told us she needed to do some “research.”
She came back 20 minutes later with a google print out and a Drop Foot diagnosis. “General difficulty lifting the front part of the foot.” I’m crying laughing as I type this because I totally could have googled that too!!! My favorite part says that you should clear your house of clutter so you don’t trip.
The DR said that if the numbness doesn’t go away in two days he should see a neurologist. For now he is fine and resting comfortably. Hopefully his walking tomorrow will be smooth.
My new goal is to go an entire week without going to a DR of any kind. I’ll keep you posted.
OMG! 🤣🤣🤣
ReplyDelete