Monday, March 25, 2019

UCLA Basketball

I have been a fan of UCLA women’s basketball for quite a few years now and I really admire Coach Cory Close. She motivates her players to work hard while making sure to build their character and sticking to her core values. I enjoy watching her and her team. 



Today UCLA played in the NCAA tournament on ESPN. It is pretty cool when women’s sports gets prime time coverage, but the commentators were making me crazy!!! There is NO men’s sport that commentators will spend time talking about a male coaches shoes. What a waste of time and it takes away from the validity of women’s sports. ESPN needs to do better. Putting the games on TV is not enough. Equal is not equal if language and messaging is still in the stone  ages. 

Go Buins and Coach Close!

No comments:

Post a Comment