Saturday, December 17, 2022

Lisbon Afternoon

We stayed close to home in the morning and then spent the afternoon in Lisbon. It was exactly how we remembered it, European SF with great seafood! 
We started out with lunch at our favorite food spot, Time Out Market. It has all different kinds of foods to try from different countries. 
We sat down to have shrimp, mussels, and octopus over rice. 
After lunch we walked the water front and saw the bridge. 


I got this random pineapple blended with coconut cream. I didn’t know that it came in a pineapple, so when they handed it to me, it was slightly embarrassing, so I embraced it and carried it around while drinking my smoothie. 


Here is Syd in the main square in front of the entrance to the shopping area. 

Sardines and canned fish are a big deal here. So big they have stores with bright colored tins for entertainment. This whole store was wall to wall sardine tins for sale!


I love all the tile buildings in the old city. They are really colorful and have cool patterns. It feels very unique to Portugal and they are all over Lisbon. 

This evening we went back to Ericeira for dinner. This is the fag at sunset. 
Vanessa and I at the water front before dinner. 


Syd sitting on an old cannon. 


These alien looking things are called gooseneck barnacles and they are a delicacy here. Syd and Vanessa both tried them and liked them. They looked too creepy for me. None of us have ever seen them in a restaurant before. 

It was a great day hanging out and seeing the sights. I am excited to take more photos tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment