Thursday, November 4, 2010

BAWSI Leaders

Today's BAWSI word of the day: Leader- to be a guide for others.

The BAWSI girls and I discussed what it means to be a leader and how to show leadership. We talked about how there are two types of leaders (actually, there are 4 according the the leadership manual I had in college, but I figured these two were the easiest for elementary students to understand) vocal leaders and leaders by example. A vocal leader is someone who stands up and speaks out when something is wrong or needs change and a leader by example is someone who practices a behavior that they want others to do too.
Here are the little girls doing the BAWSI cheer after talking about what makes them leaders at their school and at home with their families. Go BAWSI Girls!
Here the girls are raising their hands if they met their goals of how many steps they took with their pedometers. One little girl's goal was a million steps, I suggested that she wore 2 pedometers. Ha.

Only one more week of BAWSI left for this semester. Went by fast!

No comments:

Post a Comment