San Francisco was flooded with Orange and Black today and BEAMING with Giants pride for the honorary parade. I left for the city around 8 this morning and when I finally arrived downtown at 9 after driving and taking Muni the streets were already packed. I think some people had been there all night. Fans were cheering "Let's go Giants!" and clapping all in sync. Being there and experiencing the wild and crazy atmosphere definitely beat watching it on TV!

The streets were so packed that people were climbing trees and sitting on top of bus stops to get a glimpse of the players.

City Hall had huge banners hung up and the mayor gave the Giants a key to the city at the end of the parade.

This girl in a panda hat was so desperate to see she climbed up the street light pole in front of me.

One of the first floats of the parade. The beginning was all of the Giants employees, sponsors, investors and we had to wait until the very end to see the players.

The players rode on cable cars (very SF of them) with their names on it. Funny thing was, most of the players didn't match their car. They must have jumped off the cable car at some point in the parade to give high fives and then just got back on the closest entrance. Above is Cody Ross who was the first player in the procession. Rightfully so too because his 5 post season home runs were so valuable. Ross is Boss!

Segio Romo was in Brian Wilson's spot. Wilson ran by later screaming, cheering, and getting the crowd more revved up. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the infamous beard, although Romo's was pretty good today, I must admit.

OMG... the crowd went ballistic when Buster Posey rode by. There were two 10ish year old girls next to me and they were so excited to see him. They told their dads that they didn't care if they missed the entire parade as long as they got a chance to see Posey. Funny... that's kinda how I felt too and I am 24!

Blurry picture of Timmy unfortunately. The Giants ace was probably the most photographed player of the day. When he drove by on the cable car the crowd cheered "Let Timmy Smoke!" Ironic considering Prop 19 didn't pass yesterday...

This is all the people in front of City Hall. Amazing.
What an experience. So cool and totally worth braving the throngs of people. According to SFGate this was the biggest parade and civic event in San Francisco history. Glad I was apart of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment