My sister is very creative and artistic and she has been receiving quite a few crafting gifts this holiday season. Very thoughtful of everyone, except she is still a little bit too young to read directions and figure out how to do the crafting kit on her own. As the older sister/nanny, I usually get involved somehow, and even if I don't know what I am doing, I pretend like I am an expert.
RR received a knitting kit from one of her friends and wanted to try it out this morning. The kit is for beginners aged 6+. I looked at the directions and figured I should be able to learn how to knit in a few minutes and then teach RR so she can make a scarf. Oh man, was I wrong.
It took me 45 minutes to learn how to do 9 (yes, just 9) cast on stitches to set up the knitting process.
RR: Claire, aren't you supposed to use two sticks when you knit?
Claire: Yes. I am getting there....
My first attempt at the knit stitch failed. After untangling the yarn and getting the confidence to start again, I went to tuck the stitch into the first row and pull it tight, and then the yarn broke!!! FAIL.
This is me with my failed attempt at knitting. I look and feel like a train wreck. I am not a quitter though and I told my sister I will try again later.
But for now, please, no more crafting gifts!
No comments:
Post a Comment