Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Morning Conversation

This is how the "life lessons" chat went this morning while I was doing RR's hair for school.

Claire: Ryan, you have piano after school, are you looking forward to showing Ellen how much you practiced Jingle Bells?
Ryan: (Silence. She is captivated by the TV, but as usual, I continue talking anyway.)
Claire: I think Ellen will be proud because when you work hard at something, practice will always pay off.
Ryan: Are you kidding me!? Practice never pays off!

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha


Seems like practice might be a little necessary since all of the other girls on stage at the ballet rehearsal are doing something else. ->

Isn't it ironic that my goal in life is to inspire little girls to work hard, be dedicated and be the best at something, and my own sister can't even grasp the concept? Looks like I need to start spreading the word closer to the nest. But for now I am laughing at how different the two of us are.

I also must add that RR's report card came home from first grade this week and I am very proud of her achievements.

1 comment:

  1. I like Ryan's style... She might make it big in the NBA. That's their modo too

    ReplyDelete