Last night I went to my first ever Mercy High School Alumni event. I feel old going to high school reunions already, but all Mercy girls have an incredible amount of Mercy pride (I can only think of one exception, so in this case I will use all). We went to school in a mansion (below), how can we not be proud of where we came from?
Conversation from last night:
Mercy girl 1: Everyone looks so pretty tonight!
Mercy girl 2: Yeah, because in high school none of us ever wore make up because it was an all girls school. No one to impress.
bahaahahah... so true!
When we went to Mercy, the staff never let us into the nice Mansion rooms, so all of us were surprised when the event was in the Mansion's study/library. The tables were covered in Mercy plaid (our infamous uniform skirts) and had tons of wine bottles. Everyone felt kind of weird holding free wine in our high school.
... Everyone, except for Jaime who felt like after 4 years of tuition, she earned a full bottle and put it in her purse!
The real reason I went was because I contacted most of the Mercy softball girls and told them that we should all get together. I saw 9 former softball players last night, one not pictured above, and another met us after the event. So cool to see everyone and hear how they are doing. A few are still in school, one teaches at Mercy, one is a forrest ranger, and another teaches Zuma dance classes, but everyone still has the same personality and all of our inside jokes were still funny.
Glad I went, even though I was a little nervous before I left the house. Everyone looked great, and seemed to be doing well, so whatever Mercy did to us in high school it seemed to have worked.
Such beautiful young women ~ good for you for going, that takes some courage.
ReplyDelete