The Bruisers were supposed to have a game this morning but the other team didn't show up. Kind of a bummer because we were all warmed up and ready to play and then after 15 min of waiting, the umpire called the game.
Since the girls were dressed up and looking game day fresh, a few of the moms and I grabbed our cameras for a photo shoot. These are a few of my favorites
Team Huddle
Under the team huddle. This shot took a few takes to get right. The key was turning my flash on.
So instead of playing a game, I decided to split the team up into two groups for a scrimmage and have the parents and siblings fill in in the outfield. I pitched lob ball to the girls to make each team fair.... until the dads decided they wanted to hit off me. (I wish I had my video camera) I was pitching about half speed at half the distance of a regular mound when one dad came up, puffed up his chest, and hit a ball to deep right field. He was very impressed with himself because he thought I was throwing my full pitch. The next time he came up to bat, I started feeling competitive, so I moved back to the mound for a full pitch (not warm at all, remember). Three fastballs later, his a** was back on the bench.
Take THAT.
Nice demonstration, nice save of a day for the team.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the photo under the huddle!!! You need to take one like that for every team you play for and/or coach! And maybe of the Giants too...
ReplyDelete